At Prairie Co-op, we are pleased to contribute positively to the communities in which we do business through our Community Support Fund program. This pool of funds has been established in an effort to assist our communities with projects of a substantial nature that is in the best interest of Prairie Co-op to support.
Many requests may be received throughout the year, and we wish to deal with each fairly and equitably, and the following guidelines have been developed:
Requests for donations over $3,000 will be take up to 4 weeks to process.
Requests for support are evaluated based on the following:
- Community Impact:
- Will the project have a positive impact on the communities in which we do business?
- How extensive is the potential impact on the community?
- What sector of the community is served?
- Will support result in enhancing the image of Prairie Co-op with the public?
- Initiative Demonstrated:
- Does the organization have a fundraising plan that includes more than Prairie Co-op? Has it been implemented?
- Is the organization established in the community? Does it have a good reputation?
- Will the funds be used to create something that is long-lasting? (eg. physical building, ongoing program)
Please read the Sponsorship and Donation Guidelines attachment below prior to filling out your Community Support Application.
We welcome applications from:
- Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
- Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
- If sponsorship is approved, it is expected that Prairie Co-op is acknowledged with promotional materials, online (website, social media, etc.) or with banners or signage so that attendees, participants and our members are aware of the contribution
- A picture will be required with the recipients of the donation or sponsorship and posts on social media and any other news media may be used as a ‘Thank You”
Please note that either the group, or someone in your group must have a Prairie Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values of Excellence, Integrity, Progressive
How it works
- Submit an application through the online form at the link in the Apply Here section below.
- Applications are reviewed and the recipients will be chosen at the discretion of Prairie Co-op.
- Recipients are encouraged to follow up with Prairie Co-op on the success of the program, how the funds were used and the impact the funds had on the program.
Prairie Co-op has partnered with Do Some Good to leverage the power of technology and build stronger and more connected communities. Apply here for our Community Support Fund.
We Are Co-op
Prairie Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of four weeks to review your requests and respond. Prairie Co-op works hard to assist in as many community organizations as possible; however, due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.