Prairie Co-operative Limited is hiring a temporary Pharmacy Manager (12-month term) to join and lead our Pharmacy team based out of our brand-new food centre in Melville, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Prairie Co-op is dedicated to its members and communities by providing quality products and service in a sustainable approach. We operate 12 retail locations in the communities of Melville, Fort Qu’Appelle, Lipton, Cupar, Strasbourg, Ituna, and Kelliher, with over 12,000 members, 250 employees and retails sales in excess of $106 million per year. We are a leader in providing goods and services to our members in these communities.
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.prairieco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
As the Pharmacy Manager, you are responsible for developing the strategic plan and overseeing the operations of the Pharmacy Department at our Melville Food Centre. In this leadership role, you will:
• Oversee and monitor the budget, people resources and inventory within the pharmacy.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures that comply with legislation, bylaws and regulations, as well as accrediting body standards.
• Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the pharmacy team.
• Provide patient focused services and professional advice/counselling on prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, and health related issues to patients.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with health care professionals in the community to ensure optimal patient care.
• Develop, monitor, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) and identify areas for improvement.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Pharmacy and:
• You have a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Sc.Phm.) or a Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) from a recognized institution.
• You have experience in pharmacy, with exposure to leadership.
• You have injection certification and current licensure and good standing with the provincial College of Pharmacists.
• You have strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
• You are honest and trustworthy, results-oriented, and you strive to be the best at what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. Relocation assistance will be provided to this position. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you are invited to send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.