The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 180 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services.
Prairie Co-op is dedicated to its members and communities by providing quality products and service in a sustainable manner. Currently we operate 12 locations in the communities of Melville, Lemberg, Fort Qu’Appelle, Lipton, Cupar, Strasbourg, Ituna and Kelliher, with over 10,000 members, 240 employees and retails sales in excess of 92 million dollars per year. We are a leader in providing goods and services to our members in these communities.
Prairie Co-op is looking for a Finance Manager to join our senior leadership team at the Administration Office located in Melville, SK. We are seeking a self-motivated, ambitious, and energetic professional who will be a key member of our senior leadership team. The successful candidate will embrace our CRS values: locally invested, community-minded, and lifetime membership benefits, as well as Prairie Co-op’s values of integrity, excellence and progressive.
Reporting to the General Manager, the individual will oversee all financial and accounting operations and uphold all key business and administration processes for Prairie Co-op. The individual will work closely with all levels of management and team members to ensure that our financial policies and processes are properly executed, and the administration processes can effectively support our member services and financial operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop business strategies that support our retail goals and guiding statements.
- Prepare annual budgets, five-year projections and business plans.
- Co-ordinate internal and external audit functions.
- Ensure due diligence is practiced as it pertains to environmental protection.
- Ensure proper credit management standards are in place and followed.
- Manage the control of capital expenditures, balance sheet and cash management.
- Evaluate and maintain the Co-op’s equity management program and insurance program.
- Provide General Manager and Board of Directors with accurate, timely and relevant information.
- Understand and work in compliance with the Co-op’s policies and procedures.
- Lead a culture of safety through the adherence to the company’s standards for health & safety, asset protection, privacy management, and environmental due diligence.
- Be responsible for the Administration Department’s staffing and recruitment, performance and engagement management, and competency and professional development, etc.
- Diploma or Bachelor of Commerce/Business degree with a major in accounting.
- A professional accounting designation such as CPA is required.
- Experience as a very successful finance professional in an equivalent size of business organization. Retail financial management experience is preferred.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, reporting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership attributes that align with our values of integrity, excellence and progressive.
- Ability to foster a culture focused on safety, engagement and innovation.
As one of the top 100 companies in Saskatchewan, Prairie Co-op offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental, life insurance, long term disability, and employer contributed pension plan, along with excellent training and opportunities for advancement. If you have the desire to grow and develop, the opportunities are endless. As a signatory of the Safe Saskatchewan Health and Safety Leadership Charter, Prairie Co-op is a Mission Zero employer and committed to injury prevention in the workplace.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume in confidence on or before February 23, 2020 to:
Human Resources Manager
Prairie Co-operative Ltd.
Box 1330, 751 - 7 Ave W
Melville, SK S0A 2P0
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.