Prairie Co-operative Ltd. is hiring a Full Time Pharmacist to join our Pharmacy team based out of our brand-new Food Centre in Melville, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.prairieco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager and working closely with other Pharmacy Team Members, the Pharmacist is responsible to:
• Exercise professional judgement and practice within federal, provincial, legal, and regulatory requirements, the provincial code of ethics, standards of practice and polies.
• Demonstrate professional integrity and uphold a high level of professional standards.
• Provide patient focused services and professional advice/counselling on prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, and health related issues to patients.
• Provide patient focused services such as injections, medication reviews, and minor ailment prescribing to maximize patient care.
• Provide professional advice and counselling on prescription and OTC medications including indications, dosage, adverse effects, and drug interactions
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with health care professionals in the community.
• Collaborate with other health care professionals on a daily basis to ensure the continuity of care and proper handling of a patient’s varying health concerns
• Responsible to provide an exceptional level of customer service and maintain a safe and efficient operation while adhering to all company policies, procedures, and standards, including meeting established productivity standards.
• Provide leadership and guidance to Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Pharmacy and:
• You have a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.Sc.Phm.) or a Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) from a recognized institution.
• You have injection certification and current licensure and good standing with relevant provincial College of Pharmacists.
• Your pharmacy experience is an asset.
• You have strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. Including Extended Health, Dental, Group life Insurance, Long term Disability, Superannuation and Employee Family Assistant Programs. Signing bonus and relocation assistance may be provided for the successful candidate.
We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you are invited to send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com as early as possible, or by September 30, 2021.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact the Human Resources Department at Prairie Co-op at (306) 728-5497.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.