Prairie Co-operative Ltd. is hiring a Full Time Health and Safety Advisor to join our Administration team in Melville, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.prairieco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager and working closely with the Human Resource Team, the Health and Safety Advisor is responsible to:
• Provide advice and support to the Local Co-op on a broad variety of health and safety activities, including the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety programs and records.
• Responsible for analysis and reporting, incident investigations, hazard identifications, and policies, procedures, and manuals as it relates to health and safety.
• Responsible for developing and monitoring safe work practices and procedures, hazard identifications, policies, manuals, and forms throughout municipal departments.
• Conducts regular workplace inspections, investigations, and safety audits and devise site specific implementation on COR initiatives with employees.
• Establishes incident prevention and risk reduction initiatives and identifies and corrects potentially health and safety hazards.
• Monitors and ensures legislative and regulatory compliance changes and initiates changes to practices accordingly.
• Provide guidance to supervisors/managers on the administration of WCB claims and support the creation of Return to Work (RTW) programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Health, Safety, Security & Environment and Sustainability and:
• You have an Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or Business Administration Certificate
• You have 3+ years of relevant Health and Safety or Human Resource experience
• The following designations would be an asset: Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified Health & Safety Consultant (CHSC), Common Safety Orientation (CSO)asset.
• You have strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. Including Extended Health, Dental, Group life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Superannuation and Employee Family Assistant Programs.
We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you are invited to send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com as early as possible or by January 31, 2022.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact the Human Resources Department at Prairie Co-op at (306) 728-5497.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.